CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Family Halloween Party





































I understand why people do not celebrate Halloween, or at least make it very tame and fluffy but in my family the gorier the better. Our Halloween party was last friday at Brian and Julies lake house. The tradition is that all the BIG boys (grown ups) put together a haunted walk for the family. We have yummy food and all the kids play games. We all dress up and everyone talks about it all year long. In fact on our way to San Diego Luca said "I cannot believe this day is finally here!" Well this year October kind of crept up on everyone so we were actually thinking of not doing it. We decided that we had to do it for the kids. As it always turns out. It really is for the adults. We had so much fun and the guys put together a very scary walk. I have so many friends who think it is crazy that we make the little ones go through the walk but we love to terrify them and they love it too! Ryley always plays the role of being scared and then says I want to go again. This year I was actually taken from the group of walkers by monsters and wrapped in spider webs. Very creepy I know! Cousin Ryan's eye was falling out, Uncle Shawn was a 10 ft tall scary guy and Rick was pretty gross in his mask and fake tattoos (they were actually for our other costume). The kids bobbed for apples and played pumpkin golf and we all ate chili, mummy fingers and brains. Oh I cannot leave out my mom! The haunted walk always begins by checking out the witches brew. My mom is the witch and she cackles and has them all feel eyeballs and brains in her cauldrons. It is so hysterical! We love this holiday and the fact that we have created so many fun traditions that we hope all the cousins will continue on. I know they will.








1 comments:

McMackin Family said...

I'm so glad you guys still did it! What a fun tradition! Love your costumes!! Hilarious!