CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

a year has gone by....really?!!!















OK so it has been a year since I have updated this blog and I cannot believe it. Time has not been readily available to me this year and so of course all the silly extra fun stuff (like blogging) has taken a backseat. Well it is not that I have a lot of time in this very moment either but I am protesting a lengthy "TO DO" list that really should not be scheduled for a Sunday but alas, last week ran out of days. As did the week before that and the week before that. So I will do my best to give you a run down of the latest and greatest things happening with the Burns' Bunch. I undoubtedly will leave out many things but I vow to do my best this summer to update all our fans. Ha!

This year Luca has had a very full and exciting schedule. She started violin lessons in October and has come a LONG way. In fact she is quite good. I gave up hounding her to practice and voila! She decided that she LIKES to practice only when it does not include moms nagging. She had a recital last week and did amazing. I have video but my technical advances are not including uploading videos from my blackberry. Luca also just wrapped up her second CYT performance. Last night actually was her last show. She was in Pocahontas in the winter and High School Musical most recently. She loves it so much and we enjoy watching her. Of course an activity of this sort does not go without a heavy dose of parent participation. All of you who know me well know I cannot refuse a volunteer opportunity and I managed to be in charge of props (for the second time). I love it! Along with Violin and CYT Luca has also been taking Jazz this year. It is extra special because she and Ryley are in the same class. I of course appreciate that because it is convenient. Luca is finishing up 2nd grade and has done amazing. She loves to read, sing, swim, golf, and constantly expresses her creativity in some sort of creation (art, craft, story or games)

Ryley has also had a pretty busy year. She is currently in the middle of her 2nd soccer season of the year. She loves soccer and she is hysterical to watch. She has such a competitive little fire within her. Hmmm I wonder who she gets that from. She actually got hit in the face with the ball twice in one game and still came back to score 3 goals. It is hard for me to watch a game with out screaming on the sideline (only positive outbursts) but I have strict instruction from my sweet little Ryno to ZIP it! Anything I say or do embarrasses her. HA! Doesn't she know by now that that it is my JOB to embarrass her! Just wait until Rick and I go on her first date with her! Anyway, Ryley loves to dance and has amazing rhythm. She loves her Jazz class and plans to take Hip Hop next year. Ryley has been shining in Kindergarten. She is friends with everyone and is a hard worker. She is reading very well and I predict that Math will particularly be her strong point proving that Rick is her father! Ha! Sometimes looking at her you wouldn't know it because she is my mini me in every way! From the crooked pigtails to her stubbornness it cannot be denied that she comes from me. Ryley just finished up her role as a narrator in her spring performance. She is great on stage and she cannot wait until she can audition for CYT.

This past year I started a running club called H.O.T. Pink. (Housewives of Temecula) We have had an amazing time training together and have completed a few races together. Most recently we went to Santa Barbara for a Half Marathon. Everyone did amazing and beat their PR's. We had two runners complete their first Marathon in May also. I am so proud of everyone. Everyone who joined had never run before and it was fun to show them the sport and watch them each fall in love with it in their own way. Our group is made up of the most AMAZING people and are some of my dearest friends. We have TOO much fun! I love them all. Rick and I are doing great! I love my man more than ever and we are excited to be preparing for our 2nd medical mission to Fiji. Our first trip was last September and it was an experience that changed my life. I loved watching Rick work and help all these amazing people.

Rick is one busy boy. He is working so hard but loving everything he does. He has more energy than I do at the end of the day and I am so grateful for him all all he does for us. Rick's dream is coming true! We have been golfing quite a bit together. Luca, Ryley and I are taking lessons. They are actually really good! He was nearly brought to tears when the girls and I came down the stairs in our Polo shirts and golfing gear for the first time. He loves our yearly family vacation to Hawaii and so do we! This year we went to Kauai and had such a great time. We all went zip lining! Even the girls. They loved it and showed that they are fearless! Rick was a little more nervous but couldn't show it because if his 5 year old was not afraid....:) He is so proud of his family. Lexie and Gabe are living in New Orleans and we hope to see them soon! We miss them so much. Ashley is doing well and is busy finishing up her schooling and taking care of Hayden who will be 2 in July.

OK, I hope this will tide you over for a little while. :) Be back soon!

0 comments: